Gaijin Entertainment have released the New Power update for their free to play multiplayer vehicle warfare game War Thunder.
The New Power update upgrades the game to the Dagor 6.0 engine, which includes a variety of special effects, physics, and lighting improvements.
The update also brings with it big changes to naval combat, including a rework of the tech trees, and the introduction of the first battleships and other heavy vessels. There are new air and ground vehicles too, including the Yak-38, Harrier, T-90A, Leopard 2A6, and M1128 Stryker MGS.
You can read more about the update here, and find the launch trailer below.
You can find the rundown (via Steam) below:
War Thunder is the most comprehensive free-to-play, cross-platform, MMO military game for Windows, Linux, Mac, PlayStation®4 and Xbox One dedicated to aviation, armoured vehicles, and naval craft from World War II and the Cold War. Join now and take part in major battles on land, in the air, and at sea, fighting with millions of players from all over the world in an ever-evolving environment.
In War Thunder, aircraft, attack helicopters, ground forces and naval ships collaborate in realistic competitive battles. You can choose from over 1,700 vehicles and an extensive variety of combat situations many of which are exclusive. You can find yourself blasting your pursuers from a bomber turret, defending your teammates on the ground from an air raid with anti-aircraft guns, shooting down enemy planes with a firestorm from multiple rocket launchers, or trying to sink an enemy warship with a torpedo from a fast attack boat.
- Seamless cross-platform gameplay between Windows PC, Linux, Mac, PlayStation®4 with Xbox One users being included in PC battles – everyone on the same server.
- Over 1,700 highly detailed aircraft, helicopters, tanks, warships and other combat vehicles crafted carefully from historical documents and surviving sources.
- 100 maps representing the main historical battle theaters.
- Intense PvP experiences in full-scale combat missions at various difficulty settings for all play styles and degrees of experience.
- Rich PvE content including dynamic historical campaigns and solo missions.
- Regular content updates including new vehicles, maps, missions and nations.
- Astonishing graphics, authentic sound effects and beautiful music creating an atmosphere to fully immerse yourself in.
- Create custom content for War Thunder and share it on War Thunder Live, with the prospect of earning real money through the Revenue Share Partner System!
War Thunder is available on Windows PC, Linux, Mac (all via Steam), PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and coming soon to PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X.