Today’s Niche Spotlight is Raiders! Forsaken Earth, a post-apocalyptic management strategy game by Creative Storm Entertainment and CreativeForge Games.
Raiders! Forsaken Earth allows you to build your own gang of marauding bandits terrorizing the last remnants of civilization. Build up a home base, send gangs out to raid settlements and convoys, take hostages, recruit more bandits, and fight off attacks by mercenaries and regulators sent to end your reign of terror.
You can find the Steam trailer below.
You can find a rundown (via Steam) below:
Raiders! Forsaken Earth is a post-apocalyptic single-player strategy game by the maker of the Age of Gladiators.
The wasteland doesn’t need another hero…
- Hire, manage, equip level up (and sometimes eat) your raiders.
- Extort, attack and pillage greenhouses, rock quarries, and other industries of the wasteland in order to gain the resources required to build up your forces.
- Interact with, loot, or capture settlements and industries, spreading your reign of terror – captured settlements will need to be run with an iron-fist in order to ensure they remain under your control.
- Combat local mercenaries and regulators sent to stop your rampage.
- You are the fearsome commander of the your raiders; the boss. Engage in duels, terrorize both your men and your enemies, and build your physical and mental attributes toward the eventual goal of total domination of the wasteland.
- Establish laws for your raiders and new society to follow.
- Duel regulators and wastelanders in the fight pits.
- Scavenge the wasteland for materials used in crafting and construction.
- Deploy weapons of mass destruction such as nukes, napalm, and mustard gas against the settlements of the wasteland.
- Manage your food, water, and beer while out in the sweltering desert.
- Kidnap hostages and either execute or ransom them.
- Discover powerful artifacts from the ancient world and exploit them for your own benefit.
- A fully dynamic and procedural generated map ensures each game is different.
- A running economy that you can disrupt and eventually conquer: the local industries such as farms, scrap haulers, garbage scavengers and more supply the settlements with resources, which in turn make them grow and generate finished goods – all for you to either extort or take through force.
- Build up your hideout, including holding pens for prisoners, a watering hole for recruiting new raiders, a brewery for much needed alcohol, a vault to protect your ill-gotten goods from internal graft, a siege factory for building city-breaching weapons, a counterfeit shop, and more.
- Capture specialists such as engineers, jesters, lizard hunters, bartenders, counterfeiters and more in order to build up your operation.
If you’re a developer and want your game showcased on Niche Spotlight, please contact us!
This is Niche Spotlight. In this column, we regularly introduce new games to our fans, so please leave feedback and let us know if there’s a game you want us to cover!