Microids and PlayMagic will launch XIII today, a remake of the cult classic cel-shaded shooter from 2003.
XIII is available on Windows PC (via GOG, and Steam), PlayStation 4, and Xbox One; with a Nintendo Switch version coming in 2021. This remake keeps the general aesthetic and feel of the original, but with a modern interpretation of its iconic cel-shaded visuals. The campaign features 34 missions and 15 weapons that remain faithful to the original game, as well as split screen multiplayer.
You can find the launch trailer below.
Those who buy the game before launch on Steam will find a bundle with the game, the original XIII (called XIII – Classic), and the golden classic weapon skins pre-order bonus for 25% off (down to $34.77 USD).
You can find a rundown (via Steam) below:
WHO ARE YOU, REALLY?
XIII is a remake of the cult first-person action game that was initially released in 2003. You play as “XIII”, a man without an identity, in a solo campaign with numerous twists and turns. Inspired by the eponymous graphic novel, the game features a completely reinvented and unique cel-shading design. In XIII, players can also take part in fierce multi-player fights.
THE PIONEER CEl-SHADED FPS IS BACK
The country remains in a state of shock following the assassination of President Sheridan. You wake up, wounded and with amnesia, on a deserted beach on the east coast. The only clues as to your identity are a tattoo of the number XIII near your collarbone and a locker key. Even though your memory is failing, you discover that you have the reflexes of a highly trained professional fighter. You set off in search of your past, discovering that you played a role in the murder of the President of the United States of America, and revealing the most astounding conspiracy ever hatched in the country’s history.
- The remake of the 2003 cult FPS initially released on PC, PlayStation 2, Xbox and Nintendo Gamecube.
- A new artistic direction that respects the original work and its iconic cel-shading design.
- Numerous references to the eponymous graphic novel, with onomatopoeia, speech bubbles, panels and more.
- Music and voices from the original version.
- A conspiracy-based plot with numerous twists and turns.
- Varied gameplay with action, infiltration and exploration phases.
- A breathtaking solo campaign with 34 levels.
- A brutal arsenal of 15 weapons to get your memory back.
- Fierce multi-player fights.