Today’s Spotlight is CROSSBOW: Bloodnight, a frantic score attack FPS by Hyperstrange.
In the year 1666, the mortal realm was invaded by nightmare creatures from beyond our reality. As a member of the ancient Coven of Crossbows, its your job to restore balance from the barrel of your automatic arcane crossbow.
Shoot your way through hordes of enemies in an enclosed arena, surviving as long as possible to rack up a high score. Unleash devastating special attacks and collect the essence of your slain foes to power alternate firing modes for your crossbow. You can find a trailer below.
CROSSBOW: Bloodnight is available on Windows PC via Steam for $2.99.
You can find a rundown of the game (via Steam) below:
In the year 1139, the Second Council of the Lateran convened by Pope Innocent II has pronounced anathema on the use of crossbow. The council saw its unstoppable power as ungodly, demonic by nature. They were not entirely wrong.
The Coven of Crossbow, an ancient order of hunters sworn to guard the balance between the forces of heaven and hell prevailed against all odds. In the year 1666, as fire and plague ravage London, the Coven is facing its greatest challenge yet. The Ancient Horror from Beyond makes its way towards our reality. In its wake, legions of nightmare creatures spawn in the darkness. The Bloodnight is upon us, let the hunt begin!
- Arcane Crossbow with various shooting modes, further empowered by siphoned spirits of your prey
- Fluid, skill-rewarding movement mechanics with dashes, jumps, and bunny hops
- Devastating special attack that takes time to recharge and is best used in strategic moments
- Instant respawn button and fast respawn after death, so you can stay immersed in the game
- Six enemy types in two variants, endlessly flooding the night-clad courtyard of the old, desecrated abbey that becomes the arena of your struggle
- Global leaderboard system so you can compete against friends and strangers
- Full controller support
From the developers of POSTAL: Brain Damaged and ELDERBORN comes CROSSBOW: Bloodnight, a frantic score-attack arena shooter set in a world of camp horror and gore. Master the occult powers of your automatic crossbow and fight for every second of survival against a relentless demonic horde!
Hunt. Die. Hunt again.
If you’re a developer and want your game showcased on Niche Spotlight, please contact us!
This is Niche Spotlight. In this column, we regularly introduce new games to our fans, so please leave feedback and let us know if there’s a game you want us to cover!