Today’s Niche Spotlight is Double Kick Heroes, a 2D side-scrolling rhythm shooter by Headbang Club, Hound Picked Games, and WhisperGames.
You control a “gungillac” driven by a band of metalheads trying to survive the highway to Hell. Each perfectly-hit note fires bullets from your car as waves of zombies, demons, evil chickens, and other monsters get ever-closer.
Double Kick Heroes features 30 original tracks, 6 licensed songs, and a built-in editor so you can import your own music. There is also a chill mode with no enemies to focus purely on the rhythm game aspect.
You can find the launch trailer below.
You can find a rundown of the game (via Steam) below:
Double Kick Heroes mixes a rhythm game with a shoot’em up!
Jump right into the action and play your favorite tracks from the game.
THE HELLGATE HAS OPENED: 6 licensed tracks directly playable in the game!
-Kammthaar by Ultra Vomit
-The Scarecrow Paradox by Fundamental Wisdom Of Chaos
-Cold by Hell In Town
-End of the day by Antheus
-This means war Act 1 by Volkor X
-Against the waves by Temnein
-& More is coming!
Import whatever track you want and design your own level!
Share it with your friend and be the first in the leaderboard!
Survive through 24 levels of total madness by killing zombies with your gundillac on the highway to hell!
Only the power of Metal can save your band!
– Double kick zombies in the face with insane Metal music!
– 30 tremendously f****king awesome quality Metal songs by a legendary video game AND Metal composer.
– Import your own music, play community designed tracks, edit your favorite songs and share challenges!
– Rodriguez infused background story about being weird guys and gals who live for Sex, Drugs and Heavy Metal.
– Explosions, rebels, militias, undeads, road-rage, madness, apocalypse. Ready to hit the fury road?
– The only f****king awesome rock and metal rhythm game for Steam, what more!?
May the Metal be with you \m/
If you’re a developer and want your game showcased on Niche Spotlight, please contact us!
This is Niche Spotlight. In this column, we regularly introduce new games to our fans, so please leave feedback and let us know if there’s a game you want us to cover!