Curve Digital have announced the release date for developer FuturLab’s puzzle-adventure game Peaky Blinders: Mastermind.
As stated in the press release (via email) the game is based on the BBC and Netflix drama, taking place in 20th century Birmingham before the events of the first season. Players will aid in Tommy Shelby’s rise to the leader of the Peaky Blinders.
Players are tasked with controlling Tommy, Arthur, Polly, and more on daring missions. Controlling multiple members of the Shelby crime family at once, players must ensure everyone is in the right place at the right time. By rewinding and fast-forwarding the time-line and adjusting the characters actions, everything can fall into place like clockwork.
FuturLab are also working with UK art-rock band Feverist, who created the soundtrack for the show, to create a soundtrack for the game. In the trailer below, you can also hear vocals by Cillian Murphy, who plays Tommy Shelby.
You can find the release date trailer below.
You can find the full rundown (via Steam) below.
Peaky Blinders: Mastermind is a puzzle-adventure game, based on the multi-award-winning BBC and Netflix TV show.
Welcome to Birmingham, during the aftermath of the Great War. Set right before the events of Season One, Peaky Blinders: Mastermind lets you join the Shelby family’s criminal gang. Follow the rise of Tommy as he successfully uncovers a sinister plot to put the family out of business, proving himself worthy of being the true mastermind of the Peaky Blinders.
Mastermind refers to Tommy’s ability to plan complex scenarios in his head. As the player, you get to exercise this power by taking control of key members of the Shelby family including Tommy, Arthur, Polly and more. Become the Mastermind as you freely reset and rewind each character’s path in order to tune all of their actions for perfect coordination.
Achieve the highest mission rating by strategically utilising characters and stealth to solve increasingly complex puzzles with optimum timing.
- TRUE TO THE TV SHOW
- Take control of Tommy, Arthur, Polly, John, Ada and Finn as they navigate through familiar locations including The Garrison Tavern, Charlie Strong’s Yard, Shelby Parlour and more.
- THE RISE OF TOMMY
- When a Peaky Blinder is implicated in the murder of a Chinese opium dealer, Tommy embarks on a mission to find out the truth, slowly growing into the true Peaky Blinders’ Mastermind.
- BECOME THE MASTERMIND
- Exercise Tommy’s power to plan complex scenarios in his head, by taking control of each key member of the Shelby family and perform their actions in parallel.
- MANIPULATE TIME
- Each character’s actions are automatically logged in a timeline which you can freely reset, fast-forward and rewind, until the plan is perfectly adjusted.
- STEALTH AND STRATEGY
- Each mission is an increasingly complex puzzle to be solved undetected and on time. Choose the right characters and abilities to coordinate and execute the optimum plan.
Peaky Blinders: Mastermind launches August 20th for Windows PC (via Steam), Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One. Pre-orders are available for Windows PC and Xbox One now.