VLG Publishing have announced the release date for imaginarylab’s upcoming point-and-click adventure game, Willy Morgan and the Curse of Bone Town, in a new gameplay trailer.
Willy Morgan and the Curse of Bone Town promises to offer an old school-inspired adventure game in a fantasy pirate world along the lines of the Monkey Island series. The game follows Willy Morgan, son of the famed archeologist Henry Morgan, on a journey to find his father.
Ten years after his father’s disappearance, Willy receives a mysterious letter telling him to go to Bone Town to learn more about what happened to his father. In addition to the release date announcement, the developers released a five minute long gameplay trailer, which you can find below.
You can find a rundown of the game (via Steam) below:
Willy Morgan is a third-person adventure game, set in a fantasy pirate-themed world with a modern touch. Combining the traditional point-and-click genre gameplay with a unique cartoon 3D graphics, Willy Morgan has the dreamy atmosphere, the humor and the freedom to explore typical of timeless classics such as Monkey Island.
The story unfolds through funny dialogues and challenging puzzles.
Keen powers of observation, intuition and imagination are going to be needed in order to succeed and ultimately find the truth.
- Non-linear gameplay – Explore without constraint, collect items and solve brilliant puzzles
- Unique graphic style – A fanciful deformed world with a magical atmosphere
- Full HD quality – Cinematographic cutscenes and over 50 locations to see
- A Pirate world with a modern twist – Pirates and computers…? Well, why not!
- 15 NPCs to interact with – Learn about the story through several hours of interactive dialogues packed with irony and easter eggs
- Original soundtrack – More than 2 hours of original music
10 years have passed since the mysterious disappearance of Willy’s father, the famous archaeologist Henry Morgan. One day, the postman delivers him a strange letter:
“If you receive this letter, it means that something went wrong
and it’s up to you to finish what I started. Go as fast as you can
to Bone Town, room 09, but don’t trust anyone…”
Willy Morgan and the Curse of Bone Town launches August 11th for Windows PC (via GOG, and Steam).