Atlus have announced a delay in the release date of Vanillaware’s narrative top-down tactical mecha game 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim.
As stated in the press release (via email), the game will now launch on September 22nd as oppose to the previously announced date of September 8th. However, the press release also states the game will support English voiceover after a Day 1 patch.
Details of the game’s $59.99 USD Launch Edition with artbook were also reiterated (you can read more here), along with it being available for pre-order. Further a digital artbook has been confirmed as being available soon for those who pre-ordered the game on the PlayStation Store.
As we previously reported; the game follows 13 characters, each with their own perspective on events of 1980’s Japan, and an alien invasion. Alongside exploring and interact with NPCs, players fight off aliens with mecha in pausable real time strategy battles.
You can find the full rundown (via a previously emailed press release) below. We have updated the accolades segment with other awards mentioned in the new press release.
Vanillaware,the storytellers behind Odin Sphere and Dragon’s Crown, craft a sci-fi mystery epic spanning thirteen intertwining stories.
Uncover the truth and delve into a 2D sidescrolling adventure featuring gorgeous art and environments. Then, battle the kaiju in fast-paced, top-down combat. Customize the Sentinels with an arsenal of mechsuit weaponry, and fight to defend humanity!
- Beautifully rendered in Vanillaware’s signature hand-painted visual style
- Uncover a deep story through visions of the past and the future
- The doomsday clock is ticking. Become a Sentinel pilot, customize your mech, and fight waves of kaiju in top-down tactical combat
Along with the recognition of Japanese game industry leaders, 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim has won numerous awards. Below is a list of its official accolades:
- Japan Game Awards 2019, Future Division Winner
- Famitsu Dengeki Game Award 2019, Best Scenario Award & Best Adventure Award (2 divisions)
- Japan Otaku Awards 2019, Grand Prize
- IGN Japan Game of the Year 2019, 6th Place
- IGN Japan User’s Choice 2019, 2nd Place
- Weekly Famitsu (PS4 Special Feature, sold March 12th, 2020), Ranked in 10th for “”PS4 Must-Play Titles,” selected from all PS4 titles ever sold
- 51st Seiun Award, Media Category, Nominee
- CEDEC Awards 2020 of Excellence for Game Design and Sound
- CEDEC Awards 2020 Highest Award of Excellence, Nominee
13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim is available in Japan, and September 22nd in the west on PlayStation 4.
Image: Emailed press release