Developer Route 59 have announced the release date for their paranormal visual novel, Necrobarista.
The game is set in a back alley coffee shop in Melbourne. This magical coffee shop is a unique place where the dead are allowed to mingle with the living one last time before passing on to the afterlife.
You can find a release date trailer below.
You can find a rundown of the game (via Steam) below:
“This is a story about death and coffee.”
Inspired equally by film and anime, Necrobarista is a unique take on the visual novel medium. Follow a dynamic and diverse cast of characters as they navigate Melbourne’s hipstery coffee culture, the questionable ethics of necromancy, and the process of letting go.
- Stylized, fully 3D cinematic presentation that draws from anime aesthetics.
- Soundtrack by Kevin Penkin, BAFTA-nominated composer for Florence, Made in Abyss, and Norn9.
- Delve into the world of the Terminal and fantasy Melbourne through free-roaming first-person scenes.
- Featuring goon-sack robots, alchemical coffee, and Australian folk hero Ned Kelly.
- Support for fourteen languages, including Korean, Arabic, and Russian.