Today’s Spotlight is The Otterman Empire, a pun-filled party game about space otters by Tri-Heart Interactive.
The Otterman Empire is a 3rd person party shooter based on quick, 2 minute rounds with randomized objectives and modifiers. The game features six playable otters with jet packs and water blasters, that can be customized with unlockable skins. There are also eight maps and eight different multiplayer modes.
Matches support up to four players through split screen, or Steam Remote Play. There is also a solo challenge mode. You can find the launch trailer below.
The Otterman Empire is available on Windows PC (via Steam), Nintendo Switch, and Xbox One for $24.99.
You can find a rundown of the game (via Steam) below.
A FAST ACTION PARTY SHOOTER, WHERE OTTERS GO AIRBORNE
- Multiplayer action : Team up with up to four players in a chaotic, couch co-op campaign or test your friendship and go t.o.e to t.o.e in our competitive, versus mode!
- Go solo!: Travel the galaxy and take on Tiko alone! Featuring a huge variety of challenges across 8 different planets in an intense campaign mode that keeps you on your toes!
- Build your team: Earn stars, unlock skins, customise your otters and keep on fighting.
- Game Modes : Rapidly changing game modes, 2 minute rounds and an environment hazard here and there and we promise it will be otter chaos!
- Locations: Fight across the sprawling galaxy of The Otterman Empire!
- Split screen: Pass those controllers out and see who’s got what it takes to come out on top.
GROUND CONTROL TO MAJOR TIKO
Whether it’s saving the empire alone or with friends, or going head to head in versus, as you play you’ll unlock new levels, new customisable characters and even more cosmetic items.
SO LONG AND THANKS FOR ALL THE FISH
In a galaxy far far away (from earth) deep into otterspace, their lives a colony of diverse species, living amongst the stars, a colony that is in imminent danger. Come to the rescue and take on Tiko’s challenging tech which will test your skills. Each world will bring with it a new challenge for you and your team, whether it’s a time challenge, waves of menacing minions or an odd change in the weather, its otter madness!
LIFT OFF, WE HAVE LIFT OFF!
The Otterman Empire is so easy to pick up and blast off that anyone can join in the fun but only the best pilot in the galaxy will master our jet packs and come out on top!
Controller support: A controller is required when playing local multiplayer
If you’re a developer and want your game showcased on Niche Spotlight, please contact us!
This is Niche Spotlight. In this column, we regularly introduce new games to our fans, so please leave feedback and let us know if there’s a game you want us to cover!