Qubic Games have announced the release date for Dreadlocks’ 2D action-RPG cyberpunk RPG, Dex, on Nintendo Switch.
Originally released on PC in May 2015, Dex is a 2D side-scrolling action-RPG set in a dystopian cyberpunk metropolis. The game features an open world to explore, and the ability to dive into cyberspace to hack various electronics via a twin stick shooter minigame.
You can find the Nintendo Switch announcement trailer below.
You can find the rundown (via Nintendo) below:
Plug into the cyberpunk world of Dex, a 2D action-RPG with non-linear gameplay. Explore, fight, talk and hack through a neo-noir adventure!
You play as the mysterious blue-haired girl named Dex who is being hunted by a powerful and enigmatic organization for her unique abilities. Explore the misty, futuristic streets of Harbor Prime in this open-world dystopia. Unearth plots and intrigues, forge alliances and take the fight to your enemies on your quest to take down the system!
The world of Dex is designed as a tribute to some of the greatest neo-noir and cyberpunk worlds with a mature storyline, murky atmosphere and distinct characters. Gameplay is a throwback to classic 2D platforming and action games but mixed with deep RPG elements, interactive dialogues and real-time combat.
Customize your character’s skills and equipment to match your desired playstyle – kill from shadows as a silent assassin, fight the power head on as a gunfighter, use persuasion like a sly diplomat or fight from a distance in cyberspace as a hacker. Blur the line between being human and “cyborg” by installing augmentations that grant you superhuman abilities and open up new paths in Harbour Prime like classic Metroidvania titles.
– Deep RPG mechanics mixed with side-scrolling 2D action
– Non-linear gameplay set in a cyberpunk open-world
– Intriguing and mature plot in a neo-noir atmosphere
– Multiple dialogue choices with branching outcomes
– Full English voice over
– Multiple playstyles – stealth, open combat, diplomat, hacker or a mix of the above
– Various customization options – choose your equipment, skills and even cybernetic implant skills to open up new paths in the city
– Unique hacking mechanic that lets you dive into Cyberspace