Metronomik have announced the release date for Sold Out’s music-based action-adventure No Straight Roads, along with releasing a demo on the Epic Games Store.
As stated in the press release (via Games Press), the game will have a digital release on Windows PC (via the Epic Games Store), Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One. PlayStation 4 and Xbox One will see a physical release and Collector’s Edition. The physical release and Collector’s Edition for Nintendo Switch “will follow shortly after.”
In addition, a demo for the game is now available via the Epic Games Store. It features the “Mother & Child” boss fight (piano prodigy Yinu and her presumably overbearing mother) originally presented at Tokyo Game Show 2018.
Finally, a “mini-OST” with a selection of music from the game is now available “from digital music stores and music streaming services.” The stores and streaming services were not specified in the press release, or on the game’s official Twitter.
You can find the BitSummit 2020 trailer below. Editor’s Note: The game will feature an English voice cast in English versions of the game. It is unknown if foreign voice-casts will be selectable in the final game.
You can find the full rundown (via the Epic Games Store) below.
Take back Vinyl City – with rock! Embark on a music-based action-adventure as indie rock band members Mayday & Zuke and lead a musical revolution against EDM empire No Straight Roads. After being unfairly rejected in their audition to join No Straight Roads, Mayday & Zuke uncover the evil intentions behind the NSR empire. It’s now down to them to save their city from corruption. Enjoy fast & frenetic combat with a musical twist as these two aspiring rock artists fight back with the power of music!
- A unique music-based action-adventure game that puts music & sound at the heart of the gameplay.
- Music is power! Fight an evil empire & lead the musical revolution to take back control of Vinyl City.
- Two playable characters, Mayday & Zuke, each with their own music-based weapons and attacks.
- An action-adventure with a musical twist. Players can attack, jump and move freely while enemies attack to the beat of the music.
- Change the world – with music! Harness the power of music to transform props into weapons and shift between rock & EDM in a seamless and dynamic manner.
- Experience 8 extraordinary levels inspired by different genres of music.
- Defeat giant, memorable bosses with unique personalities.
- An energetic soundtrack filled with awesome music.
- Upgrade your skill tree to improve your abilities & defeat NSR.
No Straight Roads launches August 25th for Windows PC (via the Epic Games Store), Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One.
Image: Epic Games Store