Metronomik have revealed new gameplay for Sold Out’s music-based action-adventure No Straight Roads, during the Summer of Gaming showcase.
As stated in our prior coverage, the action-adventure game sees an indie rock band duo attempt to overthrow an EDM record label empire, in a world of music. Use instrument and music to not just change the world, but attack enemies to the beat of the music.
You can find the eight minutes of gameplay from the Summer of Gaming and a developer walk through from the Guerrilla Collective showcase below.
You can find the full rundown (via the Epic Games Store) below.
Take back Vinyl City – with rock! Embark on a music-based action-adventure as indie rock band members Mayday & Zuke and lead a musical revolution against EDM empire No Straight Roads. After being unfairly rejected in their audition to join No Straight Roads, Mayday & Zuke uncover the evil intentions behind the NSR empire. It’s now down to them to save their city from corruption. Enjoy fast & frenetic combat with a musical twist as these two aspiring rock artists fight back with the power of music!
- A unique music-based action-adventure game that puts music & sound at the heart of the gameplay.
- Music is power! Fight an evil empire & lead the musical revolution to take back control of Vinyl City.
- Two playable characters, Mayday & Zuke, each with their own music-based weapons and attacks.
- An action-adventure with a musical twist. Players can attack, jump and move freely while enemies attack to the beat of the music.
- Change the world – with music! Harness the power of music to transform props into weapons and shift between rock & EDM in a seamless and dynamic manner.
- Experience 8 extraordinary levels inspired by different genres of music.
- Defeat giant, memorable bosses with unique personalities.
- An energetic soundtrack filled with awesome music.
- Upgrade your skill tree to improve your abilities & defeat NSR.
No Straight Roads launches Summer 2020 for Windows PC (via the Epic Games Store), PlayStation 4, and Xbox One.