Today’s Spotlight is Alwa’s Legacy, a 2D Metroidvania by Elden Pixels.
Alwa’s Legacy is the sequel to Alwa’s Awakening from 2017, and features upgraded visuals inspired by 16-bit classics. Players will once again get to explore the magical lands of Alwa as the young sorceress Zoe. Use Zoe’s magical abilities to solve puzzles, fight enemies, find secret areas, and traverse dangerous dungeons.
You can find the launch trailer below.
You can find a rundown of the game (via Steam) below:
A modern retro adventure game filled with magic, secrets and exploration!
Alwa’s Legacy is a modern retro game full of dangerous dungeons, magical items and ancient secrets. By upgrading your magic, any way forward is right in this non-linear adventure game full of exploration.
Customize how you play
▪ With our upgrade system you can choose how you want to play – Explorative, offensive or strategic. It’s your choice!
Exploration is rewarded
▪ Don’t leave any stone unturned, the world of Alwa is filled with secrets and finding them requires you to explore and solve puzzles
A non-linear experience
▪ Combining exploration and different item upgrades allows you to find your own way through this adventure
Looks and sounds amazing
▪ Enjoy crisp pixel-art combined with modern effects as well as a soundtrack made by chiptune extraordinaire RushJet1
A challenge awaits
▪ Quick reflexes are needed to navigate through the many challenging rooms and with easy-to-change settings anyone can enjoy Alwa’s Legacy
If you’re a developer and want your game showcased on Niche Spotlight, please contact us!
This is Niche Spotlight. In this column, we regularly introduce new games to our fans, so please leave feedback and let us know if there’s a game you want us to cover!