Today’s Spotlight is Last Regiment, a simultaneous turn tactical card game by Boomzap Entertainment that recently left Early Access.
Last Regiment is set in the post-apocalyptic fantasy world of Kothia. The game blends card game elements with simultaneous-turn tactical battles on hex-based maps. Choose your hero, build an army, and support your forces with game-changing power cards.
The game features a campaign mode, skirmish battles, and competitive multiplayer. You can find the launch trailer below.
Last Regiment is available on Windows PC via Steam for $19.99.
You can find a rundown of the game (via Steam) below:
Engage in epic simultaneous turn-based combat in this fusion of cards and map-based strategy. Assemble your regiment, brandish your might, and lead your forces to triumph!
Build Your Army
- Choose from five heroes (with more to come) and their respective factions. Experiment with the different strategies each one brings!
- Mix and match unit and power cards to come up with a fearsome regiment! With over 40+ cards currently available, each battle presents new tools and combinations for you to unleash.
Earn Your Glory
- Out think your foes! Simultaneous turns will challenge you and your ability to read the battlefield and command your army.
- Change the game with power cards! Create advantages with power cards and turn the tide of battle to your favor.
- Play solo, or with friends! Select Skirmish to do battle against a computer foe, or compete with up to eight players in Multiplayer.
Meet Your Heroes
- Witness legends unfold in the single-player campaign! Play as a quirky cast of heroes as they protect their lands, conquer new ones, make foe and friend alike, and blaze their trails.
- Set in the post-apocalyptic land of Kothia, begin your journey as the former pirate Olivia de Roza as she washes ashore in search of a friend gone missing. But not everything is as it seems, and many forces seek to control the continent…
Choose who you trust. Question your histories. Forge a new destiny for yourself and for Kothia in this expansive tale.
If you’re a developer and want your game showcased on Niche Spotlight, please contact us!
This is Niche Spotlight. In this column, we regularly introduce new games to our fans, so please leave feedback and let us know if there’s a game you want us to cover!