Firefly Studios have revealed the release date for Stronghold: Warlords during IGN’s Summer of Gaming.
The RTS and castle management simulator takes place in ancient Asian nations, such as ancient China, feudal Japan, the Mongols, and Vietnam. Players can choose from these factions in competitive or co-operative multiplayer.
You can find the official multiplayer and release date trailer below.
You can find a rundown of the game (via Steam) below:
For the first time ever Stronghold: Warlords allows you to recruit, upgrade and command AI lords across the battlefield in the form of in-game ‘Warlords’. Each warlord under your command boosts your strategic prowess with unique perks, characteristics and upgradeable abilities. Put them to work for your industry, fortifying borders, forging weapons or team up for a pincer attack! Each campaign mission, skirmish game and multiplayer battle means a fresh set of warlords to command and new strategic depth to discover.
The next chapter in Firefly Studios’ real-time strategy series, Stronghold: Warlords is Firefly’s first game to recreate the castle economies of the Far East. In Warlords you take command of Mongol hordes, imperial warriors and samurai clansmen as you lay siege to Japanese castles and fortified Chinese cities. Besiege historical warlords using new gunpowder-fuelled siege weapons, classic units and a completely new way to play Stronghold.
- CONQUER AND COMMAND WARLORDS across the battlefield unlocking more powerful castles, armies and abilities.
- RECRUIT NEW UNITS including imperial fire lancers, disciplined samurai, Mongolian bowmen and auxiliary laddermen.
- RELIVE HISTORICAL CAMPAIGNS from 3rd century BC China through to the rise of the Shogunate and coming of the Mongol Empire.
- RAZE YOUR ENEMIES with the arrival of gunpowder and new siege equipment such as the fire lance, siege tower and flaming ox!
- BECOME THE GREATEST LORD through fear or admiration using a range of medieval entertainment, taxation and torture.
Stronghold: Warlords launches september 29th for Windows PC via Steam.