Today’s Spotlight is Strategic Mind: Blitzkrieg, a hex-based WWII wargame by Starni Games.
This new installment in the company’s Strategic Mind series puts players in control of the German military across a persistent campaign. Players will be able to take control of land, sea, and air units that gain experience and can be customized to fill different roles as needed. Players will also be able to capture enemy equipment and use it for themselves in future missions.
You can find a trailer for the game below.
You can find a rundown of the game (via Steam) below:
Strategic Mind: Blitzkrieg is a turn-based strategy set in the period of WW2. It brings a modern look and new features to the good old wargame genre. You are to lead the German Armed forces overcoming unthinkable odds and claiming the ultimate bittersweet victory in Europe.
The game is created with great care and attention to historical details by a team that is passionate about WW2 history. The cinematics before and after every operation add depth and immersion into the events unfolding before your eyes. Moreover, a number of primary and secondary objectives allow you to explore every scenario in detail. The gameplay is plot-driven and features many historical personalities such as Franz Halder, Heinz Guderian, Erich von Manstein, Erwin Rommel, Karl Dönitz, Wilhelm Canaris, Hermann Göring and others.
Strategic Mind: Blitzkrieg is the second installment in the Strategic Mind line of games. While “The Pacific” was more about naval warfare, the “Blitzkrieg” brings us all into the continental battles fought by the German troops. As a part of the Strategic Mind franchise, it will retain many features of the series along with adding new content and features to the existing variety.
- You will have the opportunity to command ground, air, and naval forces with the emphasis on the land battles.
- Modern 3D graphics brought by UE4 engine with detailed models of all the units, day/night cycle and weather effects.
- You can upgrade and customize your troops by leveling them up and selecting skills that best suit your strategy. Moreover, you can equip your troops with additional equipment for each operation to better suit both your strategy and the war theatre.
- You will gain a number of awards throughout the game and get access to unique HQ skills, which you can learn to increase the efficiency and synergy of your troops.
- You can acquire new units of various types, or upgrade your existing ones. All new units and equipment are available at historically accurate moments of the campaign.
- You can take numerous trophies and use some of the enemy`s most advanced units against him in future battles.
- While we strive for historical accuracy, we also allow you to explore various “what if’s” and see what could have happened should the German Armed forces be even more successful in their struggle for dominance over the European continent.
- Storytelling cinematics, as well as in-operation dialogues with full voice over, will help you get a better feeling of the epochal events.
- Full content, no “pre-made DLC nonsense” and long-term support. You pay once for a full game and enjoy all the benefits without any additional pesky transactions. That includes new updates and some additional content and support along the way. While we reserve the right to add extra DLC content in the future, that will in no way take away from you the whole experience of the game.
If you’re a developer and want your game showcased on Niche Spotlight, please contact us!
This is Niche Spotlight. In this column, we regularly introduce new games to our fans, so please leave feedback and let us know if there’s a game you want us to cover!