Mashmashu Studio have released a new trailer for their upcoming real-time tactics game Nordic Warriors, along with a demo.
Inspired by the classic Myth series, Nordic Warriors is a real-time tactics game about surviving Ragnarok. Lead bands of warriors and heroes based on Norse mythology, against hordes of undead monsters.
Much like the series that inspired it, Nordic Warriors places a great emphasis on exploiting advantageous terrain features, and blasting enemies apart with powerful spells.
You can watch the latest gameplay trailer below.
The developers have also released a free demo, which you can find on their website.
You can find a rundown of the game (via Steam) below:
Inspired by the classic “Myth” series, Nordic Warriors is a Real Time Tactical game set in a world descending into an existential struggle for survival. You’ll need smart strategy combined with tactical skills to survive the onslaught of undead hordes and their sorcerer allies. Come face to face with heroes, legends, demons and gods as you fight through the middle world and even enter the gates of Hel itself.
Do You Have What It Takes to Survive Ragnarok?
- A REAL Real Time Tactical gameplay in a pre-medieval era battleground environment.
- Classic Mythalike RTS action.
- Master a variety of friendly units from warriors wielding swords and axes, to Shield Maidens and archers, explosive expert Alchemists and even stranger allies.
- Use mighty magics to blast or distract your foes, convert some enemies to friends and attempt to survive the onslaught. Or die trying.
- Battle across a variety of landscapes and take the fight beyond the gates of Hel itself.
- Quest for lost artifacts, explore terrain crawling with the armies of evil and work your way towards survival.
- Use every feature of the landscape to gain advantage against a sea of implacable foes.
- 14 levels of mythic mayhem and desperate action.
- 3 levels of difficulty:
o Thrall you will weary blunting your weapons on the endless hordes of shambling horrors.
o Heroic brings more challenge & despair to those who are not swift, decisive… and lucky.
o Ragnarok will test the mettle of even the fiercest commanders: prepare for destruction!
- Slaughter anyone or anything that comes by. Yes, even a deer or your friendly neighbor.
- You can blow up some stuff. Have fun figuring them out.
Also, there’s ponies! and unicorns! and giant mushrooms! and oh golly just buy two already!
(well… not really… or maybe?)
It was the beginning of winter. The darkening sky brought cold winds and falling leaves. Freja and her warriors had just returned to Kjos from a three days search of the forest with no success. It had been days since the foraging party failed to return on time. Where could their missing friends be? As they approached home, Freja felt something was wrong. In fact, she had never felt like this before, as if someone was squeezing her insides making it hard to breath. Perhaps they were just tired from the road, she thought… But it was quiet, too quiet. She looked into her friends’ eyes and confirmed – something was definitely wrong.
As they approached the village a horrible scene was revealed to them – Their entire village was killed by the undead. Men, women and children were massacred in a surprise attack with no chance of survival. Shocked by this horrible truth, the group decides to search and destroy this evil once and for all.
Embark on a journey and experience overwhelming encounters facing various undead enemies as you struggle for survival. Use smart strategy combined with tactical skills to complete different mission objectives and advance your way in the game. Follow the storyline and reveal a shocking secret that’s been hidden for many years.
Mystical beings, undead warriors, hellish monsters and underworld creatures – You’ll face them all! But… Are you ready for them?
Nordic Warriors launches on June 19th for Windows PC and Mac via Steam.