Today’s Spotlight is Cyber Ops, a real-time tactical hacking sim by Octeto Studios and Game Operators.
The game is set in a retro-futuristic cyberpunk noir world. The young nation of Baltia has finally gained its independence after a long and brutal conflict, but the country is still in danger. You play as a military hacker for the Geist Division, an elite special operations unit tasked with defending Baltia.
As a combat hacker, it’s your job to oversee operations and help the soldiers on the ground. Listen to real-time audio feedback from squad leaders, and provide cyber support by hacking computers, cameras, and other electronics to help your operators accomplish their mission.
You can find the launch trailer below.
Cyber Ops is available on Windows PC, and Mac (both via Steam) for $14.99.
You can find a rundown of the game (via Steam) below:
Cyber Ops is a story-based tactical hacking game, told from the point of view of a mission control supervisor, operating from the distance.
You are the eye in the sky, the invisible hand, the cyber ghost, looking after your team over the net.
Cyber Ops is an innovative take on the stealth / hacking genre that explores the relationship between the operator and real people on the other end of the line through immersive narrative and challenging gameplay.
The young nation of Baltia has earned its right to freedom after a long and painful war, but now the stakes are higher than ever before.
You are part of the Geist Division, a secret high-tech unit created by the government to protect the country from all kinds of next-gen threats. As the Operator, your mission is to provide remote support to a group of spec-ops agents deployed in urban terrains. You must control devices and systems with your deep hacking abilities, and scan the environment to provide the safest routes for your squad.
- More than 6 hours of story missions full of cyberpunk themes, investigation and political intrigue.
- Real-time audio feedback from squad leaders brings life to the world of Cyber Ops.
- Different hacking mechanics to keep control of doors, security devices and cyberlink-equipped brains.
- Squad management: recruit new blood for the infiltration squads.
- Research and Development: develop new cyber-implants to improve the agents performance.
- Retro-futuristic computer interfaces and dark analog synth-based music inspired by 80’s cult movies.
If you’re a developer and want your game showcased on Niche Spotlight, please contact us!
This is Niche Spotlight. In this column, we regularly introduce new games to our fans, so please leave feedback and let us know if there’s a game you want us to cover!