Tako Studio have announced that co-op puzzle game Minimal Move has entered Steam Early Access.
As stated in the press release, the player controls two “space investigators” (Kaiten and Ido) who are attempting to uncover the secrets a mysterious planet.
Levels are made of floating blocks, that Kaiten and Ido can freely walk over all four sides in 2D. However, the blocks themselves can be rotated in 2D and 3D.
One alien can make certain blocks move (along with all blocks attached to them), while the other makes them rotate. Players must stand them in the correct spot to make a path, and guide the two aliens to the portals in the minimum number of moves.
While the game currently has three worlds, future updates will include more puzzles, cinematics, and a skin system. The game also supports co-op or solo play.
You can find the Early Access Launch trailer below.
You can find the full rundown (via Steam) below.
Your adventure starts when Kaiten and Ido, land in a wonder cubic world, where they attempt to discover the truth about the planet…
Kaiten can rotate blocks and Ido can move blocks from side to side and up and down. Move blocks and go to the portal! The rule is simple but the puzzle isn’t. Because it’s a puzzle in 3D, you can rotate your point of view and see how to move!
- COOPERATE WITH OR WITHOUT: Minimal Move is playable in solo or in cooperative mode. We highly recommend playing with two!
- BE A PART OF AN ADVENTUROUS STORY!: Minimal Move is a story driven puzzle game that takes place in a wonder science fiction world.
- EXPLORE DIFFERENT WORLD! : Each world will have different types of blocks for playing the puzzle in new ways.
- MEET FUN AND DANGEROUS CHARACTERS! : In addition to the main characters Kaiten and Ido, there will be funny but maybe dangerous monsters and robots coming your way!
- SMASH EACH OTHER: Ido and Kaiten can smash each other! Be careful and enjoy smashing! But don’t hate each other!
Minimal Move is in early access on Windows PC, via Steam.