THQ Nordic have released a new trailer for SpongeBob SquarePants: Battle for Bikini Bottom – Rehydrated, focused on the Goo Lagoon area from the game.
As mentioned in our prior coverage, the game is a full remake of the 2003 original adventure platformer, by using the skills of Spongebob, Patrick, and Sandy to stop Plankton’s rampaging robots.
Along with updated visuals and audio, the game features new horde multiplayer modes (for up to two players, both online and local), and restoration of cut content such as the Robo Squidward boss fight.
Having a beach level in a game set under the sea may seem odd, however Goo Lagoon is in-fact a brine pool [1, 2]. Though the game’s cartoon aesthetic means floating platforms, and robots creating thunder-clouds under water are also perfectly valid.
You can find the Welcome to Goo Lagoon trailer below.
You can find the full rundown (via Steam) below.
Are you ready, kids? The cult classic is back, faithfully remade in spongetastic splendor! Play as SpongeBob, Patrick and Sandy and show the evil Plankton that crime pays even less than Mr. Krabs. Want to save Bikini Bottom from lots of rampant robots with your mighty bubbles? Of course you do! Want to underpants bungee jump? Why wouldn’t you! Want to join forces in a brand new multiplayer mode? The battle is on!
- Play as SpongeBob, Patrick and Sandy and use their unique sets of skills
- Thwart Plankton’s evil plan to rule Bikini Bottom with his army of wacky robots
- Meet countless characters from the beloved series
- Faithful remake of one of the best SpongeBob games ever created
- High-end visuals, modern resolutions and carefully polished gameplay
- Brand new horde mode multiplayer for up to two players, online and offline
- Restored content that was cut from the original game like the Robo Squidward boss fight and more
SpongeBob SquarePants: Battle for Bikini Bottom – Rehydrated launches June 23rd on Windows PC (via Steam), Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, Xbox One.