Today’s Spotlight is KnotBot, a programming-based puzzle game by BeetBomb.
Solve a wide range of hand-crafted puzzles by automating the titular KnotBot, using a picture-based programming language. The game’s coding language uses basic programming fundamentals, but does not require any prior knowledge of coding to use.
In the trailer below, we see conditional statements, such as object what KnotBot is holding, and moving to a different chain of events based on that criteria.
Each level also features optional objectives for players looking for a greater challenge. These include collecting golden socks, and completing the puzzle in less than a certain number of moves.
You can find the launch trailer below.
KnotBot is available on Windows PC, Linux, and Mac (all via Steam) for $11.99.
You can find a rundown of the game (via Steam) below:
Program your little KnotBot to solve unique handcrafted levels in a fun and accessible way, whether you’re a complete beginner or a programming expert~
Solve the levels however you want, or go for the challenge to collect all the Golden Socks!
- Solve Coding problems with knots and yarn-balls instead of text and numbers Everyone can understand it, even if you have no coding knowledge!
- Play through different areas, each with a unique mechanic to experiment with.
- Each area contains a series of handcrafted puzzles with cute aesthetic graphics and a relaxing soundtrack.
An extra challenge for more experienced players:
- Get a rising challenge of difficulty on the final puzzles.
- Solve the puzzles under a certain amount of moves and collect all the Golden Socks!
If you’re a developer and want your game showcased on Niche Spotlight, please contact us!
This is Niche Spotlight. In this column, we regularly introduce new games to our fans, so please leave feedback and let us know if there’s a game you want us to cover!