Developer Playwood Project have released the first DLC pack for their Viking miniature wargame RPG Wartile, dubbed Hel’s Nightmare.
Players fight on tabletop game-style dioramas with vikings and undead monsters, where combat plays out in real time but can be slowed to a crawl. Special actions and abilities also have cool-downs, which must be considered for strategic play. There are also battle cards and figurines to collect; and customizing the latter with armor, weapons, and abilities.
Hel’s Nightmare adds five new maps where players can test their warbands against hordes of Draugr warriors. The DLC also adds a new Viking hero, four new Action cards, eight new items, two new Power Tokens, and the Draugr armor set.
You can find the Hel’s Nightmare Trailer below.
Hel’s Nightmare costs $9.99 on all platforms.
You can find a rundown of the DLC (via Steam) below:
Evil powers have been awoken and a horde of Draugr Warriors is pouring into the Norse regions, leaving trails of death and chaos in its wake. The King of the North watches silently as villages are pillaged and its civilians captured and brought to Hel’s Pillar. Once again your fellowship must raise arms against the undead threat.
Content & Features
- Five new custom-designed diorama battle boards – Offering variated tactical challenges, all set in a unique mood and style.
- New Viking hero – Unlock Ogier the Dane a strong two-handed wielding warrior.
- Four new Action Cards – Unlock new action cards to spice up your tactical game.
- Eight new Unique Items – Weapons and armor with magical powers tipping the balance of battle.
- Two new Power Tokens – Upgrade your Vikings with the secret powers of the gods.
- New Draugr armor set – Gear up as the undead horde from the underworld.