Today’s Spotlight is Help Will Come Tomorrow, a Russian wilderness survival sim by Arclight Creations and Klabater, set during the October Revolution.
The game is set in the aftermath of the October Revolution, and follows a group of survivors stranded in the inhospitable Siberian wilderness after their train derails. Guide nine survivors from different social classes and backgrounds as they struggle to find resources, and overcome their own squabbles and infighting.
You can find the gameplay trailer below.
You can find a rundown of the game (via Steam) below:
In a uninhabitable Siberian wilderness, in a wake of October Revolution, a group of passengers survives the mysterious catastrophe of Trans-Siberian railway train. They must endure in a harsh ice-clad climate until rescue arrives. Facing many dangers, their own weaknesses and, above all, their own prejudice. People from different social classes have to unite and make decisions that often go against their beliefs, either by putting them to the test or by completely breaking them. Will they survive and at what cost is only up to the player.
The basic mechanics of the game will focus on the survival of the characters (meeting their needs, gathering resources, expanding the camp, taking care of security, exploring surroundings), but the player will quickly find out that in order to win, he needs much more: to learn the personality of the characters and work out relations between them, mitigating conflicts and taking care of the morale. You may choose to act selfish but it is cooperation that will allow you to win and keep clear conscience.
In Help Will Come Tomorrow you will:
• Overcome class animosities between your party members in order to survive in an innovative class relations building system.
• Manage scarce resources and stay alive in frosty wilderness of Siberia before help arrives.
• Guide 9 unique characters coming from different social origins and grouping in three society classes
• Discover intimate stories and past of all party members
• Build and expand your own camp to increase the chances of survival
• Face dynamically changing weather conditions and unforgiving Siberian wildlife affecting survivors life.
• Experience in-game Event system based on characters relations and morale
• Immerse yourself in touching story set in 1917 pre – Bolschevik Imperial Russia
If you’re a developer and want your game showcased on Niche Spotlight, please contact us!
This is Niche Spotlight. In this column, we regularly introduce new games to our fans, so please leave feedback and let us know if there’s a game you want us to cover!