Today’s Spotlight is HYPERCHARGE: Unboxed, a co-op Tower Defense FPS by Digital Cybercherries that recently left Early Access.
Become a team of action figures with three of your friends and fight off waves of other toys across 10 maps. Reinforce your defenses with buildable emplacements like traps, turrets, walls, and more. HYPERCHARGE: Unboxed also features a variety of competitive multiplayer modes if you rather blow your friends up instead.
You can find the launch trailer below.
HYPERCHARGE: Unboxed is available on Windows PC via Steam for $19.99. There is also a free demo available.
You can find a rundown of the game (via Steam) below:
Hypercharge: Unboxed is a classic style FPS that mixes Tower Defense with Wave-Based Shooting. It has a huge focus on teamwork, exploration and progression. Break free from your packaging (literally) and blast every toy to pieces. Can you and your squad fulfil the epic mission of Sgt. Max Ammo and protect the HYPER-CORE?
- Co-op: Play offline or with up to 3 of your friends in Online & Local Co-op.
- PvP: Battle other small soldiers as you fight to become top of the scoreboard.
- Progression: Earn XP, unlock skins, customise your action figure and weapon.
- Buildables: Unlock turrets, traps and walls & build the perfect defense for each level.
- Controller: Prefer to use a controller to mop up bad guys? No problem. Plug in and play!
- Split Screen: Buddy up on the sofa and blast the enemy as a team!
If you’re a developer and want your game showcased on Niche Spotlight, please contact us!
This is Niche Spotlight. In this column, we regularly introduce new games to our fans, so please leave feedback and let us know if there’s a game you want us to cover!