This is Niche Spotlight. In this column, we regularly introduce new games to our fans, so please leave feedback and let us know if there’s a game you want us to cover!
Today’s Spotlight is Blackwake, a multiplayer pirate game by Mastfire Studios that recently left Early Access.
Build a crew, and fight in team-based naval battles of up to 54 players. Work together with your crew to fire and resupply cannons, make emergency repairs, and board enemy vessels to engage in close quarters swordfights.
Game modes include team deathmatch, a siege mode where players assault or defend a coastal fort, and capture the booty.
You can find a trailer for the game below.
Blackwake is available on Windows PC, and Mac (via Steam) for $9.99.
You can find a rundown of the game (via Steam) below:
Blackwake is a multiplayer naval FPS focused on teamwork and cooperation.
- Fire cannons, sink ships or board them with FPS combat
- 54 Players, small and large ships. Crews up to 13 players
- Maintain your ship, make repairs, reload & resupply cannons
- A large selection of weapons to snipe, slice and blow away nasty pirates
- Captain a vessel through nomination, issue orders to yer’ crew & fight tactically on the sea
- 3 Game modes of TDM, Siege (fort attack/defend) & Capture the Booty
- Navigate maps with variation. Different weather, time of day, avoid volcano eruptions & Icebergs
- Customize your Character and Ship by leveling your rank!
If you’re a developer and want your game showcased on Niche Spotlight, please contact us!