This is Niche Spotlight. In this column, we regularly introduce new games to our fans, so please leave feedback and let us know if there’s a game you want us to cover!
Today’s Spotlight is Conglomerate 451, a first-person, grid-based cyberpunk dungeon crawling RPG by RuneHeads and 1C Entertainment that just left Early Access.
Set in a dystopian cyberpunk future, you are the CEO of a private security company tasked with cleaning up the lawless Sector 451. Grow an army of genetically enhanced super soldier clones, equip them with the best weapons and implants on the market, and send them out on procedurally generated missions.
The game has some roguelite elements, too. Your agents can receive permanent injuries, suffer mental trauma, or simply die during a botched mission.
You can watch the launch trailer below.
Conglomerate 451 is available on Windows PC, Linux, and Mac via Steam for $19.99.
You can find a rundown of the game (via Steam) below:
Conglomerate 451 is a grid-based, dungeon crawling first-person RPG with roguelike elements set in a cyberpunk world.
You are the CEO of a Special Agency, instructed by the Senate of Conglomerate city to restore the order in sector 451, where corrupted corporations have established their turfs. Thanks to the last constitutional decree, you are allowed to create human clones. Build your own team, manipulate DNA, train your agents, equip them with high-end weapons, choose what cyberlimbs to implant, and send the squad to the field with only one goal: eradicate crime and restore order at any cost.
- Manage your resources – Make use of your own personal R&D department to research advanced technology, unlocking new features, powers and options for progression
- More than just body mods – In addition to upgrading weapon and armor proficiencies, augment your body with interchangeable cyber implants that completely change your agent’s skills and utility
- Pain and Trauma system – Even the smallest wounds can have a lasting impact. By taking damage in combat, agents risk generating permanent Traumas that will follow them between missions
- Story or Endless Mode – It’s your choice. The Story Mode brings you in a world filled by events and a war with corrupted Corporations and their propaganda. In the Endless Mode, the game will create endless content for you
- Perks and Mutations – Your agents can acquire special skills (Perks) and obtain Mutations
- Drugs and Disorders – buy synthetic drugs to temporarily empower your agents, with the risk that they develop Mental Disorders
- Procedural cyber dungeons – Experience the dungeon crawling you love, mixed with future technology as you take on procedurally-generated dungeons and missions
- If you die in the game… – Each mission could be your last thanks to agent permadeath. Consider every move, because if an agent dies in battle, they will be lost forever
- Hack the world – Enter cyberspace mid-mission and hack your way ahead of the competition to get crucial intel and give yourself the advantage
- Collectables and Achievements – find collectibles around the dungeons and bring them to the Collector to discover the truth
If you’re a developer and want your game showcased on Niche Spotlight, please contact us!