The Game Bakers have released a sneak peak at Haven‘s animated intro movie.
Haven is an RPG that tells the story of Yu and Kay, two young lovers that have fled to a remote planet. Players will guide the two on their adventure to survive, restore the planet, and build a new life together.
This means controlling both Yu and Kay at once, not just in dialogue but in combat. A second player can also join in, controlling one character each.
The opening movie was created in collaboration with Yapiko Animation, directed by Yukio Takatsu, with original music by Danger.
The official website’s devblog goes into the movie deeper- elaborating on how a game’s opening (especially Japanese ones) can give a sense of what is to come, and how it brings memories back when seen later.
You can check out the intro movie below.
You can find a rundown of the game (via Steam) below:
Yu and Kay have escaped to a forgotten planet. Play the two lovers settling in an unknown world. Survive together, glide over the plains, camp, restore the planet, fight if you have to.
All that matters is to stay together.
- Play two characters at the same time, to explore, fight or in the dialogues!
- Glide over the grass, gather flow and clean the rust as you explore the fragmented planet.
- Fight with the two characters in real time and use tactical sense and timing.
- A romantic space adventure, the saga of two lovers trying to stay together against all odds.
- Play a couple, follow an intimate relationship treated with maturity and humour.
- Immediate to play, accessible, a pause in a busy day.
- A second player can join in or drop out anytime in co-op to share the adventure.
Haven launches 2020 for Windows PC (via Steam), Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One.