Frozenbyte have released yet another new trailer for their upcoming sandbox MMO, Starbase.
In this latest episode of their ongoing Boltcrackers series, the developers show off some more of the game’s construction, destruction, and programming.
In particular, it shows players how to boobytrap their cargo ships with explosives, automated turrets, and tripwires.
You can check out the trailer below.
You can find a rundown of the game (via Steam) below:
Starbase is a massively multiplayer online game with gameplay focused on building and designing spaceships and stations, exploration, resource gathering, crafting, trading, and combat. Alternatively the game features a sandbox mode where players can explore the game alone or with selected friends in their own universe.
Set in a universe of vast scale and detail, the fully-destructible environment and hybrid voxel/vertex-based game mechanics enable simulations in the game at immense depth; minor collisions may break a few outer plates from your spaceship, while fast-speed crashes can rip the ship apart. Thruster propellant pipe leaks may cause spaceships to stall, but the corrosive, leaking propellant might also melt the superstructure of the ship and cause a catastrophic failure. Damaged ship controls in a spaceship do not necessarily mean the journey is over, as manual values for the flight can be applied directly to the generator and thrusters from the engine room.
The scale and depth of the simulation in all aspects of the game gives players the ultimate freedom to exploit their innovativeness and creativity – the building blocks of success in Starbase. From constructing single spaceships with durable outer plating to creating massive automated factories and designing electricity and data networks, the players are free to do it their own way
Destructible environment with voxel and fracture damage and in-depth simulation
- The environment in Starbase is fully destructible, meaning everything can be destroyed or disassembled with the right kind of tools and weaponry.
- The in-depth physics simulation enabled by hybrid voxel/vertex-based game mechanics make fights, exploration and flying spaceships more creative and fun and the simulation of structural and elemental durability in the game adds its own twist and challenge to the efforts to conquer space; poorly designed superstructures combined with overpowered steering thrusters can snap the spaceships in half if cutting corners too much in a space race.
Play and interact online with thousands of players, join factions, and more
- Start shaping the Starbase universe with fellow robots by joining and working for factions.
- Build, fight, chat and group up with other players to discover and settle the vast galaxy that is waiting for its first conquerors to make their mark.
- Mine asteroids by yourself, trade and haul cargo with your friends, or build a capital station with a huge company.
- Take part in the battle between the Empire and the Kingdom, or leisurely explore the galaxy while the insurance system has you covered should you accidentally wander into uncharted space.
- Success in Starbase is not measured in hours played or an endless grind, but in the ingenuity of each player and their ability to work together.
Build and design your spaceship, stations and devices down to the tiniest detail
- The smallest building unit in Starbase is a single bolt, allowing you to build, repair and modify spaceships, stations, and devices as you wish.
- Even the smallest ships have thousands of parts, each with their own detailed damage model, making building and designing a truly creative process.
- Learning to use the in-game programming chips will take building and designing to a new level; innovation, automation of ships and creating clever ship layouts will make all the difference!
Explore the infinite universe and gather resources
- Explore the vast universe to discover stations, social hubs and new raw materials.
- Arrange an exploration mission with friends and find out what the universe has to offer.
- Travel to an asteroid field to mine raw minerals and salvage different materials from broken ships, trade materials at trading stations or steal from others if that floats your (space)boat.
Starbase enters Steam Early Access in 2020 on Windows PC via Steam.