Publisher The Quantum Astrophysicists Guild have announced The Ambassador: Fractured Timelines for Windows PC.
Developed by tinyDino Games, this fantasy twin-stick shooter is focused around time manipulation. You play as Gregor, an Ambassador of Time for the Eternal Fellowship.
The Fellowship’s capital city has been destroyed, and as one of the last Ambassadors of Time left, you must travel across the world tracking down those responsible for the attack.
tinyDino Games explained (via press release) their inspiration for the game:
“We like to think of it as a mashup of all the indie games we enjoyed while learning how to make games ourselves. Because of this, you will notice elements of Braid, Crawl, The Binding of Isaac, and Nuclear Throne all tossed together into a new and shiny twin-stick shooter.”
You can check out the announcement trailer above. While the Steam page does list its release date as 2020, the trailer description notes it is releasing Q3, 2020.
You can find the rundown (via Steam) below:
The Ambassador: Fractured Timelines is a twin-stick fantasy shooter centered around the ability to stop time. You’ll play as Gregor, a newly recruited member of the Eternal Fellowship, and an Ambassador of Time. Just as you are learning to use your newfound powers, the Fellowship’s capital city is mysteriously destroyed! As one of the only remaining fellows, you must find those responsible and return Tamaris to its former glory.
The Ambassador features:
- Fast paced, strategic combat designed to stretch your time-stopping abilities.
- A vast world composed of fortresses, tall mountains, dense forests, and the smoldering remains of Tamaris.
- An action-packed campaign spanning four unique environments, two timelines, and comprised of over 65 levels.
- An armory of weapons, magic trinkets, and armor, all more unique than the last.
- 20 hidden journals containing the history of the realm.
- 10 hidden levels full of secret goodness.
- Tough as nails Horde Mode after completion of the campaign
- Multiple difficulty settings ranging from easy and accessible to head smashing into desk mode!
The Ambassador: Fractured Timelines launches Q3 2020 for Windows PC (via Steam).