Indie studio Final Scene Dev have released a sizeable playable demo for their upcoming game, Biomass.
The Souls-like sci-fi sidescrolling action game’s demo is now available, for Windows PC. Featured above, you can view the latest trailer for the game.
Here’s a rundown on the game:
A handcrafted dynamic adventure
Three towers, separated by a perpetual flood, hold the bulk of humanity. The eternal lighthouse looms over them, a primordial process repeats itself.
In Biomass, you will explore an interconnected world and cross paths with factions each with their own agenda. Use your wits to learn different ways to traverse the sinking city, and in turn discover many possible outcomes for its denizens depending on your actions and choices. Acquire all kinds of different weapons and resources to help you overcome any obstacles in your pilgrimage to the heart of the lighthouse.
- A sprawling world to explore, where your action or inaction will create different events and outcomes in its areas.
- A fast paced combat system offering a diverse set of approaches to fights – alternate between melee weapons mid combo, use beam weapons to parry or deflect other beam weapons, or specialize as a gunslinger and favor firearms, experiment with a variety of playstyles in different situations.
- Dynamic boss fights – every boss has a hidden phase that can be triggered if certain requirements are met, with their own distinct rewards.
- An expansive array of unique foes, that will demand a variety of skills to overcome.
- A lore rich world that will seem opaque and mysterious to newcomers, but those who delve deep into it will be able to piece together its secrets.
Biomass is set to release for Windows PC (via Steam) on February 25th, 2020.