Sega has announced the release date for the PC version of Super Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz HD.
The Windows PC version of the game will launch via Steam on December 11th for $29.99. The game will be available at a discounted price of $23.99 until December 17th.
PC-specific features include:
- Dynamic control options and full controller support:
- Fully-remappable keys, gamepad and keyboard-and-mouse support in both the main game and mini-games.
- Play with unlocked frame rates or fixed frame rates – players can choose the best setting to fit their monitor (selectable from 60, 120, 144, 240, and full variable frames per second).
- A variety of graphics settings and options unique to PC:
- Texture filters, post-processing effects, anti-aliasing, anisotropic, and shadow settings.
- A variety of resolutions and window settings to play with, HUD adjustments, monitor selection, and graphical presets.
- Time Attack and Decathlon World Ranking Leaderboards, Steam Trading Card support, and Steam Achievement support.
- Steam Cloud support.
- Controller vibration support.
- A banana mouse cursor.
Here’s a rundown on the game:
Originally released for the Nintendo Wii in 2006, Super Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz HD brings all the fun and chaos of the Monkey Ball series to modern consoles. Complete with updated graphics, optimized control schemes for each platform, a brand-new mini-game Decathalon mode where you complete a set of 10 mini-games in a row, and online leaderboards, Super Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz HD is perfect for new fans of any age, as well as the most seasoned Monkey Ball series veterans.
- Super Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz is Back in HD: Originally released on the Wii in 2006, Super Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz HD reinvigorates the original game with 100 single-player stages, 10 multi-player mini-games, revamped control schemes, updated graphics, and more.
- Online Leaderboards: A first for the series, players can now compete with others around the world through online leaderboards for single-player Time Attack and the all-new Mini-Game Decathalon Score Attack modes.
- No Monkey Business – Play Your Way: Super Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz HD is available on Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Steam. With uniquely optimized control schemes for each platform, everyone from first-time rollers to world-record holders can jump right in to the fun.
Super Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz HD has been available for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Switch. In case you missed it, you can find our review for the game here (we highly recommend it!).