This is Niche Spotlight. In this column, we regularly introduce new games to our fans, so please leave feedback and let us know if there’s a game you want us to cover!
Today’s Spotlight is Ritual: Crown of Horns, a top-down shooter set in a Weird West 19th Century America by Draw Distance and Feardemic.
You play as a lawman that was sent to track down a dangerous witch. After being killed in an ambush, you are brought back from the dead by the very witch you were hunting. You can check out the launch trailer above.
Now, this unlikely duo seeks to defend the world from a demonic invasion by traveling across America and performing exorcisms. Gun down hordes of cultists and demons in large arena-like levels, defending the witch until she is done with her ritual to banish the unholy creatures back to their own realm.
Ritual: Crown of Horns is available on Windows PC (via Steam) and Switch for $19.99.
Here’s a rundown of the game:
Ritual: Crown of Horns is:
HORDE MODE GAME based on GUT INSTINCT TACTICS
FAST PACED – 3D TOP-DOWN – WITCH DEFENSE SHOOTER
WEIRD WESTERN AESTHETIC – ARCADE GAMEPLAY – SKILL BASED
Ritual: Crown of Horns is a slaughterhouse: a fast-paced action game set in an alternate Wild West, a demonic version of a hellish frontier. This arcade-inspired title unravels a tale about an unlikely duo: a bounty hunter who comes back from beyond the grave, yearning to exact revenge on his killers and a witch who aids him with a series of powerful rituals to further her own agenda.
Push back hordes of enemies, while the witch performs her ritual. Use a whole arsenal to your advantage: mindfully swapping between weapons and spells. Unlock new tools and powerful items boosting your character. Travel throughout the Weird West picking your missions and planning future unlocks to finally exact your revenge!
Ritual: Crown of Horns is a skill based game, where split-second decisions and planning on the go are more powerful than button mashing and throwing yourself mindlessly at enemies
You were a lawman on a mission to track down a dangerous witch. Upon reaching your goal, you found yourself in a fatal ambush prepared by horned beast-like men. Your death was probably just collateral damage, quickly brushed under the carpet. Now, brought back from beyond the grave by the dark magic of the witch you were supposed to take out, you find yourself in a forced alliance against a common enemy.
Understand the powers responsible for your misery and get rid of them once and for all. Make friends and enemies along the way. Traverse the entire United States of America to exorcise its demons. Ritual: Crown of Horns is a game about wrecking havoc on history, seeing through false narratives and embracing your inner monster.
- A unique auto-aiming system that distinctly sets itself apart from your average twin-stick shooters: instead of spraying and praying, you are an elite gunslinger who makes every shot count.
- A satisfying arsenal: shotguns, six-shooters, rifles, crossbows, and a few surprises that are a little less era-appropriate.
- Outrageous enemies: brainwashed cultists, supernatural legendary creatures, bizarre murderous contraptions – you name it.
- Gear: mysterious capes, hoods and amulets that you can customize and get powerful buffs for your character.
- Creative spells and power-ups that can violently alter the way you approach each combat encounter.
- Plenty of insane levels for you to master, each complete with unique challenges tailored to push the combat system to its limits.
- A unique gothic-horror-meets-weird-western artstyle.
If you’re a developer and want your game showcased on Niche Spotlight, please contact us!Posted Under: NEWS, PC, SPOTLIGHT, SWITCH. Read More: draw distance, feardemic, ritual: crown of horns