Vox Games and Poysky Productions have announced that Regions of Ruin will be coming to consoles this December.
This 2D open-world action-RPG with town-building elements is heavily inspired by the Kingdom series, and released on Steam last year. You can check out a trailer above.
The PS4 port will be launching on the 19th, with a Switch version coming on the 23rd. The Xbox One version’s release date is still unannounced, but should still be out before the end of December.
Here’s a rundown of the game:
Regions of Ruin is a 2D side-scrolling RPG with town-building where you are introduced to an open world that progressively challenges your hero and settlement the further you delve into the vast continent.
You will discover a foreboding land ravaged by hundreds of years of hardship. Where, kingdoms have risen and fallen, settlements have been laid to waste and overrun by warring groups, and great mysteries lay hidden and waiting to be unearthed – assuming you can defeat their jealous guardians.
- Styled combat system with stats and levelling
- Skill tree to focus your fighting style
- Extensive loot and rare items to discover
- Forge your own equipment or smelt it for resources
- Open world exploration with a hand crafted environment, no randomized maps or levels, everything you see has been made with care
- Customised town building and expansion
- Rescue and recruit dwarves for your township (save them from extinction!)
- Send workers to harvest resources from explored regions
- Hire Mercenaries to help in battle
- Multitude of Quests and a main storyline