This is Niche Spotlight. In this column, we regularly introduce new games to our fans, so please leave feedback and let us know if there’s a game you want us to cover!
Today’s Spotlight is Wrack: Exoverse, a tower defense FPS by Final Boss Entertainment that just left Early Access.
The game is very loosely based on 2014’s Wrack, but with a tower defense and roguelite twist. Defend your core from waves of monsters and aliens in procedural generated maps. Construct a maze of towers, unlock powerful new weapons and items, and unleash devastating ultimate attacks to secure your stronghold. You can check out the launch trailer above.
Wrack: Exoverse is available on Windows PC via Steam for $14.99.
Here’s a rundown of the game:
Defend your precious Beacon in Wrack: Exoverse. Build a maze of towers, blast waves of enemies, discover powerful items… and do it all in ever-changing worlds in this rogue-like, comic-styled shooter.
- Build a Deadly Maze – Construct a maze out of tower bases, and place turrets on top to lead enemies to their doom. Upgrade your turrets for maximum firepower, and complete your maze with controlling fields and explosive mines.
- Shoot & Slash Your Enemies – Join in on the action! From pistols & shotguns to alien weapons, use your arsenal of weapons to get in there and take down the enemies yourself. It’s the best way to rack up money through kill streaks and combos.
- Unleash Power Shots – Build up your ultimate attack by damaging enemies. Then, when the time is right, unleash a powerful attack to devastate your foes. Every weapon has its own power shot with different properties, so choose carefully.
- Assemble Your Inventory – Collect a wide variety of powerful items with game-changing properties to aid you in your mission. New weapons, runes, artifacts and more can spawn in before waves, drop from enemies, or be purchased in the shop.
- Ever-changing Worlds – Keep on having fun! Thanks to procedurally generated worlds, never will you succumb to the boredom of playing the same thing over and over again. Each world has its own unique challenges, and each run has its own highlights and pitfalls.
If you’re a developer and want your game showcased on Niche Spotlight, please contact us!