This is Niche Spotlight. In this column, we regularly introduce new games to our fans, so please leave feedback and let us know if there’s a game you want us to cover!
Today’s Spotlight is Ashes of Oahu, an open-world shooter RPG by Wyrmbyte.
Ashes of Oahu is set in a post-apocalyptic Hawaii that has been overrun by bandits, marauders, and magical beings. Gain mystical powers based on ancient Hawaiian folklore to liberate the island and restore peace and order. Fight alongside or against four factions with an arsenal of upgradable conventional weapons, elemental abilities, and shapeshifting powers. You can check out the launch trailer above.
Ashes of Oahu is available on Windows PC via Steam for $39.99.
Here’s a rundown of the game:
Ashes of Oahu is an open world, story driven shooter where you work with or against the surviving factions of a post apocalyptic Hawaii.
- Inspired by native Hawaiian stories, traditions, and beliefs but with a unique fictional twist that brings in ghosts, raiders, and gods
- Four distinct factions to work for…or against!
- Over 11,000 lines create a massive and engaging narrative
- Choices truly matter and can lead to any one of over 100 different endings!
- Guns take on new and amazing powers thanks to the Magical Weapon Mod System
- Play your way by unlocking 50+ skills and abilities
- 25 sq/km of beautiful locations throughout Oahu, Hawaii
- Craft items from Hawaiian resources you find throughout the island
If you’re a developer and want your game showcased on Niche Spotlight, please contact us!