This is Niche Spotlight. In this column, we regularly introduce new games to our fans, so please leave feedback and let us know if there’s a game you want us to cover!
Today’s Spotlight is Exodemon, a ’90s-inspired FPS by Kuupu.
You play as a scientist that has been infected by a mysterious alien symbiote that is slowly taking over your body. You can check out the launch trailer above.
Resist the infection’s control long enough to find the planet’s last escape pod, all while blasting and slashing your way through hordes of enemies with your deadly new arsenal of alien claws.
Exodemon is available on Windows PC via Steam for $6.99.
Here’s a rundown of the game:
Exodemon is a fast paced first person shooter inspired by the 90s FPS golden age. You must make your way through maze-like, destroying hordes of enemies with your monstrous abilities. Combining the destructive power of your symbiotic claws with a fast, sharp and fluid movement, you’ll become an indestructible alien killing machine.
In Exodemon you play as a scientist in the edge of the universe who was infected by an alien entity. The symbiotic force is trying to take control, but you may find a way to control the beast on the confederation laboratories. Resist the infection and blaze through various locations to reach the last escape pod before you lose what’s left of your humanity.
- Fast Paced First Person Shooter – Tired of slug-like FPS protagonists? You are in the right place! Fast movement and sharp controls, no cover, no regenerating health and no reload time.
- Old School Feel – Do you remember when games used to respect your intelligence? No hand holding in this game. If someone tries to hold your hand here, oh boy! Just tear them with your claws!
- Low Poly/Low Res Retro Graphics – All the charm of the classic FPS is here, you can count the polygons yourself! All this combined with dynamic particles and high quality lighting.
- Awesome Hands From Hell – This one is self explanatory, right? If you are infected by an alien entity, at least take advantage of its destructive power!
- Lots of exploration and secrets – Here you will find carefully crafted levels with lots of paths and secrets to find. Each enemy of the game is manually placed, nothing of that procedurally generated schmuck.
If you’re a developer and want your game showcased on Niche Spotlight, please contact us!