This is Niche Spotlight. In this column, we regularly introduce new games to our fans, so please leave feedback and let us know if there’s a game you want us to cover!
Today’s Spotlight is Shortest Trip to Earth, a space exploration roguelite by Interactive Fate and Iceberg Interactive that recently left Early Access.
Embark on a perilous journey across the galaxy in a fully customizable and modular starship. Manage your ship’s system and its crew to ensure your continued survival in a cold and cruel universe. Engage in tactical battles against pirates, raiders, and hostile aliens, with both ship-to-ship combat and boarding operations. You can check out the launch trailer above.
Here’s a rundown of the game:
From the writer of “Teleglitch: Die More Edition” comes Shortest Trip to Earth, a roguelike spaceship simulator featuring exploration, ship management, game-influencing decision-making and real-time tactical battles.
Explore a detailed and deadly universe
Embark on a perilous journey through a procedurally generated universe and explore massive space sectors crawling with exotic lifeforms. Engage in action-packed tactical combat against hostile ships, boarding parties and inter-dimensional space monsters.
Master the art of survival by customizing your ship with modular components and perks. Choose from a range of spaceships and manage life within your vessel – from crew, pets and drones to ship modules and weapons. Shape your journey through hundreds of multiple-choice events, featuring unique hand-drawn illustrations.
Shortest Trip to Earth features unforgiving permadeath, but you can unlock perks to increase the odds of survival on your next run.
- Master the art of survival in unexplored space!
- Explore a procedurally generated universe, packed with content
- Collect resources, craft modules & upgrade your ship
- Epic real-time tactical space battles
- Onboard combat, featuring hostile intruders, drones and battle-hardened pets
- 500+ ship modules, a variety of ship weapons and nukes
- 30+ unique crew weapons
- 50+ types of crew, drones & combat pets
- Hundreds of random events with unique illustrations and outcomes
- Every ship starts with a cat
If you’re a developer and want your game showcased on Niche Spotlight, please contact us!