Publisher Sometimes You has announced console ports for Pantsu Hunter: Back to the 90s.
The Ascension Dream-developed visual novel is coming to PlayStation 4, PS Vita, and Nintendo Switch on August 28th, for $12.99.
The game, which looks wildly inspired by the 90s classic manga and anime Golden Boy, is “not kind of an 18-plus game at all,” according to the publisher.
Here’s a rundown on the game:
Share a heart-to-heart talk, watch a movie together, take a bath, remove a computer virus, help a girl in a tough spot and – if you’re lucky – find the love of your life using the color and pattern of her panties. Pantsu Hunter: Back to the 90s is an adventure game with point-n-click elements (with a risk of swift loss) that tells the story about a guy looking for love renovated in a nostalgic 80s and 90s anime style.
Kenji Kojima, a young and able enthusiast, leaves his home province to attend university in the capital. Without the help of his parents, it’s difficult to live and study, so he begins learning different occupations until he eventually becomes a true handyman. However, academic qualifications aren’t his priority in life—it’s finding true love! Unfortunately, it’s not that simple. To his aid have come the most unexpected of all things: Panties! Kenji has learned how to identify a girl’s personality by her underwear and he’ll meet four girls on his way: a playful sweetheart, a pretty tomboy, a shy introvert and an icy beauty. Can he eventually find his true love?
- Nostalgic and unique 80s and 90s anime-like style.
- Animated backgrounds and female character faces.
- Original soundtrack created with the help of an old synthesizer.
- English voicing.
- 18 panties for your collection.
- A variety of unforeseeable endings. Be careful!
- Nine extra scenes disclosing the heroines’ past.
- We very carefully approached the realization of this style. Our game is supposed to give you this wonderful feeling of pure and undisturbed romance and to dip you into this beautiful nostalgic era.
Pantsu Hunter: Back to the 90s has been available for Windows PC (via Steam).