AtomicTorch Studio and Daedalic Entertainment have released a massive update for their sandbox survival crafting game, CryoFall.
The Electricity Update adds power grids and many new advanced structures that use electricity to make your base more efficient and secure. The update also adds new enemies, biomes, items, and tons of other changes that you can read about here.
Here’s a rundown of the game:
CryoFall is Sci-Fi multiplayer survival game set on a forgotten planet in a distant future.
Welcome to the world of CryoFall, where a catastrophic crash landing has stranded you — and dozens of others — millions of light-years from home, trapped on a hostile planet and in constant danger.
Your only hope for survival is to make use of the resources around you as you develop your skills and advance your technology to conquer this new land, tame its harsh wilderness and build a new life for you and those who have found themselves marooned on CryoFall.
Together with many other survivors you can create your own cities, establish an active economy, industry and agriculture, or pillage the fruit of labor of fellow survivors.
- Complex crafting and industrial system, including oil refining & lithium extraction
- Various stages of technological progress (primitive, industrial, modern, post-modern, sci-fi)
- Farming with complex crop growth simulation, fertilizers, etc. & diverse cooking options
- Wide range of player interactions and roles with meaningful specialization options, emphasizing meaningful interactions rather than just combat
- Economy with coin minting, complex trading and automated vending machines managed by players
- Carefully hand-crafted maps and locations (+ map editor)
- Storyline elements discovered through exploration
- Diverse environments with several biomes (temperate, desert, tropical, boreal, wasteland, etc.)
- In-house developed Renkei Engine™, allowing hundreds of players on the same server
- Complex character simulation with a multitude of status effects (e.g. bleeding, poisoning, radiation, etc.)
- Extensive modding capabilities, including real-time code editing
CryoFall is available on Windows PC via Steam Early Access for $19.99.