Publisher Modus Games and developer Frozenbyte have announced the release dates for both Trine 4: The Nightmare Prince and Trine: Ultimate Collection.
Both releases are launching on October 8th, across Windows PC, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Switch. Featured above, you can view a new gameplay trailer for Trine 4.
While the former is a standalone sequel, the latter includes all four games. A price is set at $29.99 for Trine 4, while Trine: Ultimate Collection is $49.99. Both games are releasing via retail and the various digital stores.
Here’s a rundown on the collection:
All four chapters of the Trine series!
With the full quadrilogy in one convenient bundle, Trine: Ultimate Collection is the definitive way for new players and veterans alike to experience all four games in the Trine-verse.
The Trine series begins with Amadeus the Wizard, Pontius the Knight, and Zoya the Thief on a journey across a forsaken and ruined kingdom. Bound to a mysterious artifact called Trine, the three unlikely heroes use their unique skills to battle the undead, navigate treacherous environments, and solve challenging physics-based puzzles across a collection of perilous quests in this best-selling adventure series. Through the first three titles, the protagonists will come to discover, understand, and seek to control the powers bestowed upon them by Trine.
Serving as a capstone to the original trilogy, Trine 4: The Nightmare Prince is the newest entry to the franchise that elevates it to new heights. The three heroes are joined together once again as they search for Prince Selius, a troubled young noble who is afflicted with intensely dark dreams. Due to his magical talents, monstrous nightmares have materialized in reality to wreak havoc and it’s up to the heroic trio to resolve the situation before the world is consumed by the Nightmare Prince’s shadows. Featuring a return to the beloved 2.5D style, new ways to play, and the most content in a Trine title to date, Trine 4 is the sequel that epitomizes the best of the franchise.
- The complete Trine experience. Trine: Ultimate Collection includes Trine Enchanted Edition, Trine 2: Complete Story, Trine 3: The Artifacts of Power, and the all new Trine 4: The Nightmare Prince.
- Physical edition bonuses. A limited-run physical version of Trine: Ultimate Collection will be available at select retailers globally. In addition to the Trine 1, 2, 3, and 4 games, this packaging includes a physical map depicting the world players will traverse, the enchanting Trine 1, 2, 3, and 4 soundtracks (download code), and a Trine 4 digital artbook (digital code).
- Intuitive puzzles. Harness the elements themselves and experiment with new skills to overcome challenges and obstacles.
- Dynamic real-time combat. Switch between characters on the fly and adapt to any situation.
- Boundary-pushing graphics. Immersive atmosphere with next-gen visuals create a fantasy world begging to be explored.
- Meaningful character building. Earn experience points and invest into upgrades for the heroes’ abilities.
- Rewarding exploration. Dozens of carefully designed and diverse levels to explore, each with distinctly unique environments and styles that are brimming with secrets to discover.
- Local and online multiplayer. Brave the adventure alone or with friends in online or local co-op.
- Engaging story. An expansive narrative that unfolds across four fantastical fairytale adventures.
- Pre-order Trine: Ultimate Collection at select retailers to get a Trine 4 cloth poster and bonus in-game content!