This is Niche Spotlight. In this column, we regularly introduce new games to our fans, so please leave feedback and let us know if there’s a game you want us to cover!
Today’s Spotlight is Cliff Empire, a city building game by Lion’s Shade that recently left Early Access.
The Earth’s surface has been decimated by a nuclear war, leaving a 300 meter thick radioactive fog across the planet. Humanity’s last hope for survival is to build massive metropolises high in the mountains, above all the toxic fog and radioactive waste.
Research new technologies, build multiple cities across the globe, and connect them together with intricate trade networks. You’ll also need to deal with the lasting climate and weather affects of the war, and how they can harm your cities and their populace. You can check out the launch trailer above.
Cliff Empire is available on Windows PC via Steam for $11.99.
Here’s a rundown of the game:
Message for survivors on the Earth’s orbit!
After a nuclear war life on the surface became impossible. A 300m thick radioactive fog covered the Earth.
Our scientists in the past decade predicted such course of events and used all available potential to build cliffs in the mountain region to restore life on Earth.
We are looking for bold active people to manage the process of restoring life on Earth. Join!
- develop in parallel the economics of several independent cities
- trade between your cities and the orbital station
- a dynamic climate change that will test the strength of your cities’ economies.
- choose between ecological and harmful power supply
- 48 additional university researches to improve the city structure
- over 120 structures for constructing the city
- 15 goods for trade and consumption
- possibility of switching between the 3D and the orthographic camera, as well as a free camera for walking around the city.
- additional 15 quests that open access to orbital station and huge location in late game
- sandbox mode
- tower defense mode
The compact gameplay involves the construction of three small cities in each randomly generated level.
If you’re a developer and want your game showcased on Niche Spotlight, please contact us!