Steel Mantis and Big Sugar have announced that Valfaris will be getting retail releases on PS4 and Switch.
The retail versions will be handled by indie publisher Merge Games, and is targeting a November release. Here’s a look:
The developers also announced that a firm release date for the PC version will be announced soon. If you missed it, you can check out the E3 trailer for the game above.
Here’s a rundown of the game:
After mysteriously vanishing from galactic charts, the fortress of Valfaris has suddenly reappeared in the orbit of a dying sun. Once a self-contained paradise, the grandiose citadel now plays host to an ever-growing darkness.
Therion, a fearless and proud son of Valfaris, returns to his home to uncover the truth of its doomed fate and to challenge the arcane evil at its very heart.
- Skulls in space! Gore in space! Metal in space!
- Savagely reduce foes to piles of gibs with an array of brutal weaponry
- Explore a diverse range of tainted environments as you venture ever deeper into the dark world of Valfaris
- Dominate ranks of deadly enemies and bosses, from the weird to the grotesque (and some that are just grotesquely weird)
- Gorge your eyes on devastatingly awesome pixel art hand-crafted by Andrew Gilmour
- Feel the power of a seismic soundtrack by extreme metaller and former Celtic Frost guitarist, Curt Victor Bryant
- Forged from the ground-up by the team behind cult hit Slain: Back From Hell
Valfaris will be releasing for Windows PC (via Steam), PS4, Switch, and Xbox One this year.