This is Niche Spotlight. In this column, we regularly introduce new games to our fans, so please leave feedback and let us know if there’s a game you want us to cover!
Today’s Spotlight is Swords & Souls: Neverseen, a quirky RPG by SoulGame Studio and Armor Games.
Swords & Souls started as a series of popular web games, but for Neverseen the developers have expanded the game into a full, standalone adventure. Stranded in a new land after a shipwreck, you find yourself drawn into a conflict with an evil witch that has been terrorizing the local townsfolk.
To level up your character, you’ll need to do complete reflex-based action minigames that govern the five core skill paths, such as a first-person archery minigame to improve your character’s proficiency with bows. You can also partake in other side activities, like animal taming. Combat is a mix of turn-based battles with timing-based button prompts.
Here’s a rundown of the game:
From SoulGame Studio, creators of the wildly popular Swords & Souls, comes an all new, even bigger standalone adventure to an island far across the sea. In Swords & Souls: Neverseen you find yourself shipwrecked and caught up in a struggle between a dangerous witch and some decidedly kooky townsfolk. To stop the witch, you’ll need to train, fight, train, and fight some more in this addictive single-player combat-focused game that rewards player skill and juicy progression.
- Addictive and evolving training minigames to train your character’s stats
- A fast-paced blend of real-time and turn-based combat
- Face hordes of enemies across the Neverseen and its wild environments
- Tame pets and meet colorful mercenaries, both to fight beside you
- Vary your playstyle with six types of weapons, passive skills, and unique rings
- Upgrade your home and training grounds for stat and experience gain
- Buy equipment, invest in the local museum, go shopping, fishing and more!
- Keep playing in the post-game endless mode with randomized encounters
- Online leaderboard to share your high scores
- A light-hearted story filled with surprises and humor
If you’re a developer and want your game showcased on Niche Spotlight, please contact us!