This is Niche Spotlight. In this column, we regularly introduce new games to our fans, so please leave feedback and let us know if there’s a game you want us to cover!
Today’s Spotlight is Fate Hunters, a deckbuilding roguelite by Tower Games that recently left Early Access.
Choose from one of five classes and ascend a mysterious tower full of monsters and traps to confront The Master that resides at the top. Draft new cards that represent various magical trinkets and enchanted weapons that will help you on your quest, all while trying to find ways to ditch negative cards that are placed in your deck by random encounters. You can watch a trailer for the game above.
Fate Hunters is available on Windows PC, Mac, and Linux via Steam for $14.99.
Here’s a rundown of the game:
Fate Hunters is a hardcore mix of a singleplayer deckbuilder and a roguelike adventure. Choose your character, craft a unique deck and risk exploring the mysterious Tower! Be prepared for a dangerous journey – your path to the Master is filled with tough monsters and cunning bosses. Face them in tactical card battles, avoid deadly traps and you’ll conquer powerful treasures to help you on your way to the top of the Tower.
- You won’t be prepared. Each Tower level is procedurally generated with random items, weapons, and skills – each run features unique challenges.
- Building your deck is tricky. Your items, treasures, weapons, and skills go to the same deck – balance your cards and be ready for everything!
- Death awaits on every corner. Wounds, Poison, and Curse cards permanently stick to your deck on every run – find ways to get rid of them!
- High risk – high reward. You can exit the Tower on every level and take your treasures to safety. Or risk losing everything and try to get even more!
- Dark fantasy art. Explore the hand-crafted grim world of the Tower.
If you’re a developer and want your game showcased on Niche Spotlight, please contact us!