Mighty Morgan and HypeTrain Digital have announced that their buddy cop shooter Police Stories will launch on September 19th.
Police Stories is a top-down buddy cop tactical shooter that follows John Rimes and Rick Jones as they rescue hostages, defuse bombs, and raid gang hideouts.
The game can be played solo or with a friend in both local and online co-op. You can check out a new trailer above.
Here’s a rundown of the game:
Unforgiving and tense, each mission tells a story of two police operatives – John Rimes and Rick Jones, filled with infiltrating gang hideouts, rescuing hostages, making arrests and other life-threatening situations.
- The Surrender System allows you to apprehend the suspects without resorting to violence. Fire a warning shot near them or engage them in melee combat – those are just some of the ways you can make them submit.
- Issue commands to your fellow cop Rick Jones. Make sure to use him wisely – and who knows, he might save your life in return.
- Randomly placed criminals, hostages and evidence make every level run unique. The placement changes every time you restart, leading to new interesting situations and opportunities.
- As a law enforcement officer, you will have access to end-of-the-line police equipment, such as under-the-door cameras, door blast charges and many others.
- Various types of lawbreakers, from small petty criminals to well organised gangs and terrorists. Each type has not only unique weapons, but different behaviour and shooting skill.
- Complex Tactical Gameplay: Try not to get spotted, don’t waste bullets, regularly check your surroundings and make sure to take criminals down quietly.
- All your actions are scored in real time. Playing aggressively won’t get you a high enough result to start the next mission – so keep that in mind!
- Online Co-op. Complete missions in multiplayer for better scores and more fun!
Police Stories will be available on Windows PC, Mac, Linux (all via Steam), PS4, Switch, and Xbox One.