Atomic Kaiser and Slitherine have released a new gameplay trailer for their upcoming sci-fi 4X, Astra Exodus.
Inspired by classic games in the genre, Astra Exodus allows you to conquer the universe with one of eight different races. You can check out the new trailer above.
The game features real-time tactical fleet engagements, and players can build their own ships with over 100 modules and systems. You can also recruit various heroes, and the game will feature full mod support on day one.
Here’s a rundown of the game:
Astra Exodus is a single player turn based Sci-fi 4X strategy game inspired by the classics, with a multiple choice narrative driven epic campaign, top down real time tactical battles and an extensive semi-randomized research grid.
Take the chance to lead humanity back home, while uncovering the mysteries behind the Exodus, across a choice driven narrative campaign. Or otherwise, challenge yourself in the Sandbox mode, by leading any of the various alien factions to several possible victory conditions.
- Epic Story Campaign – Lead the Earth Legacy Task Force through 9 arduous missions, in their Campaign for discovering the lost heritage of Earth, and make decisions that alter the story and gameplay in significant ways. You can be rewarded with exclusive and diverse abilities only found in this mode.
- Dynamic Sandbox Mode – Take charge of one out of 8 different main factions, or create your own in the Sandbox Mode, as you thrive to enslave, exterminate, seduce or right out beat all and any competition. Survive a host of events and menaces, that will surely challenge your empire and all others.
- Battle in Space and on the Ground – Fight in space and on the ground, with real time tactical space battles, where positioning and heading matters as much as weaponry. And initiative based top down ground battles, with hosts of infantry, armour, strike craft and even mechs. Or just nuke them from orbit, that works just as well.
- Explore captivating Galaxies – Colonize or conquer a vibrantly diverse galaxy of your choosing, full of wonderful stars, planets, asteroid belts, etc, all inspired by true astronomical phenomena. Maneuver your ships around black holes and supernovas, to either use or avoid their effects, in your conquests.
- Semi-random Research Grid – Research over 300 technologies, in an exclusive and randomized tech grid, which forces you to choose wisely what you research and guarantees that no two games will be the same. React to events in the galaxy by researching about them and obtaining unique advantages over your enemies.
- Lead through amazing Heroes – Encounter and recruit amazing galactic heroes, to lead your fleets, govern your colonies or even spy on your enemies! Make havok without firing a single blast, by conducting Sabotage and Revolt, among other operations; deep behind enemy lines.
- Design your own Starships – Design you own starships, by deciding not only what weapons they carry and in which configuration, but also their Core and Support systems. Overwhelm your opponent with hosts of agile Frigates, swarms of Strike Craft or just with the immense firepower of a single huge Titan.
- Open files for modding – Tinker, change and customize the game to your heart’s content. Adding new or modifying existing starships, factions, troops, technologies, etc to the game. Maybe reenacting then, some of your favourite scifi tv shows and movies moments, right in the game.
Astra Exodus will be out on Windows PC via Steam sometime later this year.