Unfrozen and Daedalic Entertainment have announced that Iratus: Lord of the Dead will hit Windows PC via Steam Early Access on July 24th.
In this roguelite RPG, you play as Iratus, a necromancer that was sealed away by a coalition of allies. You can check out a trailer above.
Now you have awakened, and its time to raise an undead army so you can break your way out of your tomb and decimate the mortal realms above.
Here’s a rundown of the game:
In Iratus you find yourself fighting for the forces of darkness in the role of the titular neromancer – Iratus, recently freed from his millennia long imprisonment.
You control an obedient army of living dead: skeletons, zombies, banshees and many other unliving warriors. Create your soldiers the only way a necromancer knows how: from the body parts of his slain enemies!
Expand and improve your underground lair. Strengthen your servants by researching secret rituals. Explore the twisted corridors and underground catacombs and battle against lobotomized miners, greedy dwarves and corrupt mercenaries. Aid Iratus in his quest to recapture and eclipse his former power. Lead him to conquer the forces of good and establish an eternal kingdom of death upon the world!
The sheer variety of tactical and strategical options make Iratus a true treat for any ardent fans of the roguelike genre.
- Play on the side of evil, embodied by the necromancer Iratus!
- Craft minions from the body parts of your conquered enemies.
- 16 types of obedient servants: zombies, vampires, skeletons, mummies, banshees and many more!
- Advanced combat system: to win you need to know both the strengths and weaknesses of your troops and enemies.
- Iratus can kill his enemies not only by magic or claw but also by draining them of sanity!
- Each minion has six unique abilities for a total of nearly one hundred abilities for you to command.
- Four talent trees that alter the way you play: Alchemy, Magic, Wrath and Destruction.
- Expand and improve your underground lair.
- Roguelike elements: minions that die are gone for good and the game saves automatically, making each choice irreversible.
- Detailed 2D graphics and a gloomy atmosphere of dark fantasy.
- Various difficulty levels, satisfying every type of player from novice to hardcore.
- Iratus himself is voiced by the voice acting legend Stefan Weyte, famous for his performance as Caleb in the cult game series “Blood”!