This is Niche Spotlight. In this column, we regularly introduce new games to our fans, so please leave feedback and let us know if there’s a game you want us to cover!
Today’s Spotlight is Iron Marines, the latest game by Kingdom Rush developer Ironhide Game Studios.
Iron Marines came out on mobile some time back, but made its way to Steam a few months ago with an upgraded port designed with PC in mind. The in-app purchases and other free-to-play elements have been stripped out in favor of an upfront charge that includes the full game. It also has some new content exclusive to the Steam version. You can check out a trailer above.
Iron Marines is more or less a sci-fi take on Kingdom Rush, but with even more RTS elements. Pick from one of 14 heroes and lead your army to victory against waves of hostile aliens and robots. The game features 21 campaign missions and 21 challenge levels to master across four difficulty settings.
Iron Marines is available on Windows PC, Mac, Linux (all via Steam), iOS, and Android. The Steam version is $14.99, and its currently 15% off as part of the Summer Sale.
Here’s a rundown of the game:
From the creators of the award winner, Kingdom Rush trilogy comes the most extraordinary space odyssey.
A real-time, dynamic and deep strategy game that will transport you to amazing and unknown planets. Immersive, engaging gameplay, ridiculously appealing art, and a touch of silly humor. Brave soldiers, mighty mechas and powerful aliens await your command to face the greatest challenges.
Recruit and train the greatest heroes in the galaxy, lead them into dangerous missions against near-impossible odds and unleash their mighty powers and abilities. Adapt your strategy by changing the role of your troops even in the thick of the combat, from ranger to sniper, from flamethrowers to missile launchers. Turn the tide of battle with bomb strikes, intelligent mines, support troops, turrets and a wide range of special weapons.
Armies of robots, crushed starships, gigantic monsters, unknown races, brave assaults, desperate rescues, audacious sabotages… the galaxy needs your command.
Thousands of players have already joined the Troops on these foreign galaxies, and now we added some All-new Features for PC, including new commands, Hero room fully unlocked, new targeting system and many more.
The galaxy needs the Iron Marines
- Lead your troops in 21 campaign missions across three different worlds. Get ready to launch bold attacks, hold your ground, rescue civilians, hack supercomputers and all kind of heroic stuff. Each mission requires new tactics and actions to achieve victory.
- Test your wit on 21 Special Operations with their own combat rules and no mercy at all. Each stage a challenge to remember, with scars to prove it. We dare you.
- Unlock the Impossible Mode. Only for the most reckless of the dauntless. We double dare you.
- Defeat massive and unique Bosses in epic battles. They are mean, they are really really huge and they are determined to crush you. Suit up, Marines!!
- 40+ Upgrades to improve your strategy and empower your units with defense drones, napalm rockets, ricocheting blasts and much more.
- 14 Heroes with outstanding powers at your command. Train them to their full awesomeness or annoy them at your own risk.
- 8 Special Weapons to unleash hell on your enemies and give your tactics even more depth. What’s better than a well-placed missile? An orbital strike of 50 high explosive missiles!
- Complete any of our 70+ Achievements and claim your well-deserved reward.
- Find your fair challenge choosing your difficulty mode: Casual, Normal or Veteran. Don’t get cocky! Or Do! Your choice!
- Dozens of interactive easter eggs for you to find!
If you’re a developer and want your game showcased on Niche Spotlight, please contact us!