This is Niche Spotlight. In this column, we regularly introduce new games to our fans, so please leave feedback and let us know if there’s a game you want us to cover!
Today’s Spotlight is Amid Evil, a retro-inspired FPS by Indefatigable and New Blood Interactive that recently left Early Access.
Published with the help of the producers of last year’s Dusk, Amid Evil is a retro-FPS along the lines of Hexen and Heretic. You play as a heretic that becomes a champion in the war against the forces of evil. Fight your way through hordes of enemies with an exotic arsenal of melee and ranged weapons across seven chapters. You can check out the launch trailer above.
Here’s a rundown of the game:
The producers of DUSK and the creators of Return of the Triad invite you to embark upon an UNREAL new FPS adventure:
- SEVEN distinct episodes each featuring a completely different setting and enemies
- LUDICROUS magical weaponry that can be overcharged with the souls of the dead
- ENDLESS Hordes of Evil to hone your skills against
- BRUTAL and adaptive enemy AI that will hunt you down on land, sea and air
- SPRAWLING non-linear levels filled with secrets and ancient lore
- MULTITUDES of in-game options + cheat codes for a truly golden PC age experience
- EPIC original & dynamic soundtrack composed by Andrew Hulshult
- BUILT in Unreal Engine 4 for cutting edge visuals (even if they are a bit retro)
- OPTIMIZED to run on a toaster (a pretty nice toaster)
If you’re a developer and want your game showcased on Niche Spotlight, please contact us!